Thursday, July 15, 2010

20 Week Appointment

Today Randy and I went to our 20 week ultrasound appointment with Dr. A. The babies, pretty much both of them, were sleeping from lunch and facing posterior (toward my backbone). Therefore, getting good shots of their faces/profiles was very hard. However, Dr. A tried and switched to the 4D ultrasound. Baby A (on my left) was more cooperative and she was able to capture a 4D pic :) Baby B, no way JOSE', it was not happening. He kept stretching and curling up and was in 'Randy mode'....ha ha...I keep kidding Randy that the lazier one is his baby....but everyone that knows him knows he is by no means lazy....just more laid back than me :)
Anyway, Dr. A said the complete placenta previa is still there and has not moved. But, we can live with that....especially when at the end of looking them over with a fine-toothed comb she says "nothing to report; everything looks good!". Now, when Dr. A has nothing negative to say, you know you are doing VERY WELL! :) And, we could not be happier with that news!
Both babies are exactly the same in size and measure the exact gestation age...right on time! Both buns are baking perfectly in the oven! :) LOL
I went last week to see Dr. T (OB) and everything was good there too. Their heart rates have slowed down to ~150 bpm which is what is supposed to happen around this time when they each have grown to ~10 inches.
The highlight of today was when Dr. Adam said to us "at this point you are about to see TREMENDOUS GROWTH!!!". I thought Randy's eyes were going to buldge out of his head! I know his mind was thinking....how in the world could she possible get bigger!!!! Luckily instead, he said he does not see how I won't tip over and how uncomfortable it looks.
All worth it to me! :) I still cannot believe that I am 5 months pregnant with TWINS! I mean seriously!!!! Who would have ever thought this but GOD! He continues to surprise and shock me! I am forever grateful for these babies and never in my LIFE did I think I'd be blessed with 3! beautiful children! Thank you GOD!
Here are some pics from today. I'd share one of the videos but Randy was recording and they are LONG! I go back in 2 weeks to Dr. T (OB) and then Aug. 5th to Dr. A again at which time they will be able to do 4D on both babies without any problems (hoping they are laying face up then!)
Thank you for ALL of your prayers!!! Keep them coming because they are greatly appreciated!!!!

No comments: