Did this really happen to me??? Did I really have not only one baby but two??? Am I really the mother to one year old twins??? Was I ever really pregnant with two babies inside of me when just one baby was only a dream that I could vaguely muster in my mind???
I'm quite certain that only infertility patients could have these same feelings that I'm having. You really have to walk in these shoes to fully understand the depth of how you can actually live this and still never believe it. I believe it is living with the gut-wrenching feelings you feel with infertility for so long and coming to accept in your heart that this is something you just may never have. Then when/if it happens, it is that, truely unbelievable.
I often wonder if I will EVER believe this...seriously...I am pretty certain that I will never understand it nor believe it...it is truely that far-fetched for me.
But for now, I'm living this dream with my miracles! :) And I could not have gotten any more perfect miracles for me! There is just NO WAY I can ever repay God, well in my mind that is. I will never stop thanking him nor will I ever stop praising him for all that he has done for me in my life. And, by making me a testimony for him that ANYTHING is possible through him!
Dylan & Grant could not be any more perfect! And mostly, I am so grateful for their health! They, both, are as healthy as they can be :) GOD has been so good to them! They are HUGE eaters, good sleepers, and LOVE to play! Mostly, GOD made these two for my Bennie! And boy do they LOVE their Bennie :) NO ONE can make them belly laugh and giggle and run and squeal like Bennie can :) You can see in their eyes HOW MUCH they idolize him...it amazes me!
They are so much alike it just seems that I can't talk about one without it being just like the other.
They love books and toys of just about any kind. And good thing...cuz I could easily open a daycare at my house! More than anything though, they love to be outside! That is our biggest issue with them....they have fits to go outside...they want to be out there 24/7! They don't care what they are doing just as long is it's outside! :)
They climb the rock wall on the playground and take the slide to exit! They can operate the peg perego John Deere tractor of Bennie's that has now become theirs :) And we gave all 3 boys an early Christmas gift of a Arctic Cat that will seat 3! So, Bennie drives them all around the place and the faster the better of course! Now that there are 3 of their vehicles in our garage, Daddy might have to find another place for his Mule! :)
Let's see....eating...well they love everything pretty much....Grant's fav's are fruits and veggies whereas Dylan is a huge meat eater but still likes the veggies/fruits too :) They are drinking milk now and we are about 2 days away from being out of formula...and we ain't buying anymore so they will have to adjust soon! :) But, I can tell they are going to resist the fattening formula AND the bottle. They have been drinking from a sippy cup for months now. That's not the issue. The issue is the soothing they get from the bottle :) Titty-babies.
Speaking of which, Grant used to be my Titty-baby...and don't get me wrong...he STILL is :) But, Dylan is a HUGE one now too! There is much to be said about MOMMA'S BOYS...I'm living proof...I have 3! :) And love every minute of it ;)re
We laugh so hard at Grant. Whenever we say "NO" whether it is directed at him or his brothers, he cries so hard :) He is so crazy!
Grant is our more cautious, serious one that gets into stuff ONLY by watching his brothers. Dylan, well he is our dare-devil. Help me LORD when he gets old enough to team-up with Ben! :-0
But, Ben and Grant have something very much in common----sports! And Grant is so good for being one year old. He can throw very well and actually throw at someone. He also can kick a ball all over the yard! So, Ben is just waiting for a little more time for him to get bigger and better to have a playmate for sports :)
Dylan, well he can just be plain mean! He takes EVERYTHING away from his brothers! He gets what he wants and is NOT afraid to let you know. He will grunt and scream and pull and push and shove and even step on you...if that's what it takes :) I admire that in him because he is definitely ambitious! :)
Well I could talk FOREVER about my turkey-birds, and pretty much have, so I will leave you with some pics of their party...
Grant & Dylan's First Birthday was themed "Two Peas in a Pod". They had a jumpy-house and loved it! They shared their day with close family and friends and got lots of nice things :)
HAPPY BIRHDAY to two of my greatest miracles :)
Dylan
weight - 23lbs, 8oz.
height - 30 1/2 inches
Grant
weight - 23lbs, 10oz.
height - 31 1/4 inches



1 comment:
They are so cute Jen! And the chairs are so cute too :)
Mele G.
Post a Comment