Marleen said that I will be seeing Dr. Adam's, a Perinatologist, within the next week or two for our first high def. ultrasound.. We can't wait for that! I'm excited about seeing Dr. Adams since she is a specialist and can tell us things we don't know yet...good or bad (but it will be all good :) By the way, I had to look up the definition of a perinatologist. For those of you that don't know either, they are: an obstetrical subspecialist concerned with the care of the mother and fetus at higher-than-normal risk for complications.
About the appointment, Marleen checked me and said that I am growing right on target and that my baby bump is definitely a bump now (instead of just bloated) due to my uturus expanding. She also said my cervix is closed tightly which was music to my ears due to dear friends having that issue. I have learned to watch and ask about that now.
Marleen did an ultrasound, which is below, and said they both measured at 11 weeks and their hearts looked great! I learned from Marleen that our two babies hang out really close to one another. Baby A was moving all around as usual with a heart rate of 173 bpm and baby B was "sleeping" AGAIN with a heart rate of 168 bpm. Well, I don't know for sure that baby B is "sleeping" but that baby is definitely more laid back and Randy's child :) My friend, Mele (who has twins), has told me that she has learned that the lower heart rates are usually a boy and the higher ones are usually a girl. Mele, hope you know what your talking about :) Bennie and I are rooting for #1 healthy babies and #2 for a brother and a sister :)
Ben was so cute yesterday. I did not get home until almost 7 pm. But when I did and he heard me and Randy speaking about me going to the doctor, he said "Momma I wanna see!". I so enjoy sharing this with him. Randy and I have always wanted biological children. However, for me, AFTER God blessed me with Ben, I just wanted to be able to give him siblings to grow up with and have when Randy and I are gone :) How lucky are we to be blessed multiple times!!!!!
I leave you with a bad ultrasound, but none-the-less wonderful insight to our babies :) I scanned the picture up-side-down on purpose as the top picture is baby A on the left with the head up and body down just like they are standing up. Baby B, in the same pic on the right, just is the head :( Baby B is in the bottom picture on the right, but unfortunately, appears to be a blob :( I learned yesterday, that they do not have a great ultrasound machine. I am very happy to be going to someone else that will :)



No comments:
Post a Comment