Thursday, May 20, 2010

12 weeks-Appointment with Perinatologist

Today was our first appointment with the specialist, Dr. Adam's.  She was "very pleased" with everything she saw :)  We found out today that our twins are fraternal and have separate sacs and placentas.  We were VERY pleased to hear that.  One more sigh of relief! 

Dr. Adams said that the babies are sitting within literally 1mm of each other.  We found out that both placentas, where the babies are attached to me, are attached closely to my cervix, the opening (that is shut).  She was happy to see that the placentas were not over the cervix.  However, she said she wants to see me back in 2 weeks (June 4) for another visit/ultrasound.

I was also told that she is going to be following me closely for my weight gain.  She wants me to gain 20 lbs in 10 weeks!!!  I am to have no less than 2,500 calories a day.  She advised me to drink LOTS of shakes as they have a VERY high caloric value.  That is hard to believe for me!  Fortunately, I have never swayed on my weight more than 10 lbs since grade school.  But, I will do whatever I need to for these miracle babies!  I just hope that these calories get to them for what they are needing :)  We will see.  I am going to try everything I can to keep these two out of the NICU!

Exercise and hanky panky are still off limits.....until she says differently :)  She says that I could bleed from either sac.  Therefore, I walk on my tip-toes!

Both babies are measuring perfectly and have excellent heart beats.  According to their size at this time, the computer said that the due date is November 28th.  However she said that since it can fluctuate +-5 days, she is not moving my December 1 due date.  But, we all know these are November babies :)

Please keep your wonderful prayers coming that these two will continue to grow and develop perfectly and that their placentas do not go over my cervix :)

Here are some of our pictures from today.  Randy said while watching them on the screen, "it looks like they are already fighting in there!".....they are very close together :)  He also said that the first picture, A's profile, looks like our beautiful Bennie!  I agree!  And, per Randy, baby A "has his nose"....ha ha

Thank you Jesus, again, for these miracles!  We are FOREVER indebted to you :)


No comments: