Thursday, June 10, 2010

15 weeks!

Yesterday I had my second appointment at the OB's office.  As I have to remind Randy, I have two different doctors: the specialist that does the ultrasounds and then the OB.  The first time I went to the OB, a month ago, she was out of the country.  So, I meet with her nurse which is normal practice anyway.  Yesterday, I got to meet my female OB, Dr. T, for the first time.  I LOVED HER!!!!  Which is VERY important :)  Thank you again Megan!!!

Both babies had very strong heart beats :)  As I put it, the baby on my left had 168 bpm and the baby on my right had 186 bpm.  Since they were different by 18 bpm, I asked the nurse if there was any truth on the different sexes having different heart beats and she said there was no truth to that.  I agree with her.....LOL

What I mainly learned was that I do not have a "centered" complete previa.  I DO have a complete previa.  However it is not centered over my cervix.  Alot of it is up the wall with just the tail-end covering the cervix.  This was better news in that as I grow, it has a better chance of moving up :)  Also, I was happy that all that weight is not on my cervix at this time.  I actually learned more at this OB appointment about my condition than I did at the specialist on Friday :(  Sad huh?

My OB, who will be the doc delivering the twins, is very optimistic that by my 27th week I will have a marginal previa or none at all.  I definitely saw the difference in the two docs.  As the OB explained it, I was sent to the specialist to look us over with a fine tooth comb and to find anything! that there could be.  Granted there was something.....however, according to the OB, she is more optimistic and is not concerned with me at this time because she sees LOTS of these resolve on their own :)  I told her to keep thinking that way and I'll keep praying that way and we can't lose!

I had to wait for over an hour in the room for her but was glad it was not me having the issue that she was having to help with.  When she came in, it was like she had all the time in the world for my scroll of questions.  And that is the biggest quality I look for in a doc.  I found she was alot like doc Hickman (fertility).  And with me, of course, you don't get better than that! :)

I confirmed with her that other than the previa, EVERYTHING else looked good at this point.  What a blessing!!!!!!!!  I could NOT be more happy about that.  I have gained 10lbs in 4 weeks and she is not as concerned about my weight as the specialist.  She just told me to eat healthy and don't stuff my food.  That was a relief.  When examining me, she said I'm showing with my belly perfectly at this time for twins.  My uterus, much to my surprise, is above my belly button.  She said if I were just carrying one, it would still be below my belly button.  She said my size right now is equivalent to ~20 weeks of a singleton.  That was interesting to me!

Lastly, she said the babies were plump and perfect and eat alot.  She could tell that from them measuring BIGGER than their gestational week at my last specialist appointment last Friday.  Again, these ARE Randy's babies!!!!!!!!  I call them Gethro and Bodeen!  :)  And I bet I'm right :)

Here is a pic to help out on the explaination of previa's and how mine are right now......again our thanks to God for these amazing blessings!  We could NOT be more grateful....times two :)


1 comment:

Labay Family said...

Hi Jennifer! Congratulations and I love reading your blog! I don't know if you know who I am or not, my maiden name is Kana. Anyway, I saw Randy last week installing a fence at my in-laws and he got to see my twins and when I asked him if he was ready for this he smiled and said YES! It was cute! Anyway I am pregnant again and I am also having previa problems so I like your explainations and illustrations. My doc isn't concerned too much either but I know I'll be having a c-section anyway. Well, good luck to you and check out my blog www.labaytwins.blogspot.com - I have the complete story of my twin pregnancy on there (in the right hand column) that includes our fertility issues. If you have any questions about anything I would love to see if I could help you out! Take care!