Thursday, June 24, 2010

17 weeks with Dr. A - Ultrasound

Today we had our appointment/ultrasound. Little did I know when I went I'd learn alot more about our babies! They were able to check for many things at this stage....like cleft lips, clubbed feet and check for all fingers and toes! It was amazing to be there and see it all! YES.....we have 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes! And, NO cleft lips! She said it is extremely accurate at this point. They looked at the hearts, brains, etc and all looked great! And, she told me that both babies have 3 vessel cords. There was all great new news today! The complete previa is still there and I was able to see it clearly today. I see now why she does not 'think' it will completely move and neither placenta cover my cerivx....there is just sooo much placenta with 2 babies and not much room inside of me! There is, however, a small gap where the placentas meet that if one placenta went to the right and the other to the left, it 'could' clear my cervix. One can pray and hope. But if not, I know we are covered and will make it work out :)

She said the twins are so unique, like we did not already know that, in that it is a 50/50 toss up on which one would come out first. The are identically positioned over the cervix. So, it is really hard to label them baby A and baby B. Nonetheless, they go by a literal fraction of a mm to know which one is which AND 'baby A' is on my left and 'baby B' is on my right. Now that they are big, they are positioned on one side and then the other.

Here are the pics from today! She said that I will have my 3D the appointment after next! Next appointment is July 15 which will make the next one the very first of August when I'm near 24 weeks :)

I thank God so much for the wonderful news today! If all I have is a previa, I CAN LIVE WITH THAT :D


3 comments:

Mindy Sue said...

holy moly big momma! your gonna give daddy a run for his money in a few more weeks! :0

Courtney said...

Look at you prego mama! So cute! I'm so glad everything went well with your appt. :-)

Sara Richards said...

Girl you look great! Are you going to find out what you are having?