Sunday, August 22, 2010

25 Weeks



Well I was in for a surprise at our 25 week appointment! I went into it telling Dr. T all about my puffy ankles and fingers and that was not her #1 concern. While examining my belly, she saw I was having a contraction! I had no idea. She said "you don't feel that"?!??!? My response was "no mame, my belly is that hard all of the time". She then laid me down and had me feel that way. After a little time she then showed me how it softened up a bit. However, there is not much difference between hard and soft for me. She said that I need to monitor the contractions and let them know if I have more than 4 to 5 an hour.

So, as you can see, I am VERY concerned with noticing when I have them due to the fact that I have a hard time noticing them :( So, I have been paying alot of attention to my belly and trying to figure it all out.

Also, much to my surprise, Dr. T wants me to go on bedrest this next week when I am 26 weeks. However, I was able to swing going on bedrest effective Sept. 1. The only way she would approve that was because we have an appointment with Dr. A this coming Thursday. She warned me that every day could be my last. So, I am not SURPRISED 100% about the bedrest because they have been warning me it could happen after 24 weeks. However, I was surprised about the contractions #1 and then just surprised that this time has come so fast!

So, I'm hanging in there. I do have to say that work is hard for me. Sitting slumped over my belly at a desk with limited working space for me and the girl I'm traing and not being able to prop my feet up heart-level (w/o putting them on the desk that is). However, not being around all of my friends at work and all of the social interaction that just comes with working....is going to be tough for me. But, not as tough as the road to get here. I will figure it out :)

Here is the most recent belly shot. These babies are really "shooting out" now. Until after this weeks ultrasound appointment, you all take care of yourselves as well! :)

No comments: