Friday, September 24, 2010

30 Weeks :) :)

Ok, fam and friends....here we are at 30 weeks!




















Hubba and Bubba are gainin' ground on us! Believe it or not, that is over 7 lbs of baby in me now! At our ultrasound appointment yesterday with Dr. A, we found out baby A is at 3 lbs and 8 oz. and baby B is at 3 lbs. and 12 oz.!!!! We could not believe it. I thought Randy's eyes were going to pop out of his head...LOL! I could not be more excited that they are growing well and plumping up....still working on those minimum 5 lb babies!! :) Again, I don't think I'm bigger, I sure don't eat more than I did before I was preg, so eat babies eat...you can have it all :)

Report... my cervix has not changed from 2 weeks ago and still measures 2.7 cm at the least...no opening....no funneling...no dialating :) The previas' are still very low lying being each ~2 cm from the cervix. Dr. A said that the biggest I will dialate (when that time comes) is 4 cm and then I WILL start bleeding heavily. That is because dialating 4 cm would be 2 cm on each side and then the babies sacs are right there where all of their blood flow is.

Dr. A said horray for my cervix....without it, we'd be having issues. But, because it is closed and holding strong, I am getting further with the contractions. However, the only concern is that the contractions could make my water break from either of the babies sacs. IF that were to happen, they'd have to monitor if the babies have enough amniotic fluid and if I would get an infection. So, if my water does break (and my cervix it still shut) and the babies have enough fluid and I do NOT have an infection, they'd let me go until max 34 weeks and then deliver. But, of course if I got an infection or the babies did not have enough fluid, then they'd have to deliver earlier. So, she said if I can get to at least 34 weeks the babies would have to be in the NICU for ~2-3 weeks. I guess she knows what she is talkin about but I have heard many first hand stories and I truly believe it is a case-by-case thing for each baby born on how much time they will spend in the NICU.

So here are pics of the babies from yesterday. Baby A (Randy) has quite a bit of hair-it is a nice lil comb over..lol Randy's Mom said he did not have hair forever after he was born, so....mabe it's my genes kickin in?!??!? :) Baby B (me) had their eyes open lookin around. I swear baby B is me all over....the most active, allert, fiesty little turkey you've ever seen :)
Dr. A still cannot believe we do NOT want to know the sexes, but like we told her, we are just wanting two VERY healty babies to come out of there that have Randy and Jennifer genes that we have been waiting to see for YEARS! That is what is most important to us. How blessed are we to get to be doing this???? VERY! And we are thankful for God's love for us that he is trusting us with TWO beautiful babies to love that HE HIMSELF picked out and hand-made JUST FOR US! AMAZING!!!


Next appointment is this next Wednesday (29th) with Dr. T to physically examing my cervix....I will update you then :)

Love Jenn

No comments: