Friday, September 10, 2010

Appointment Today with Dr. T OB

Well, I met this morning with Dr. T. She did not have the offical documentation from Dr. A but will be getting it today and will review it. I filled her in on the stats from Wednesday about my cervix and all that we were told by Dr. A.

Dr. T is not concerned with a 3 or 2.7 cm cervix reading for that matter at this point of 28 weeks. I told her I was confused b/c she had told me beforehand that 3 or less was not good. She said yes, she did tell me that a month or more ago. At that point a 3 or less would be bad for that stage of my pregnancy. However, me having around a 3 at 28 weeks, with a twin pregnancy is actually good.

To sum it up.... she is not worried about the actual measurement b/c she is the one that gets to examine me and 'feel' the cervix. It is still completely closed, not dialated, not funneling.....it is the same way it has been the entire pregnancy. Therefore, she does not see where the contractions are causing any problems at this point.

Dr. T said there is a fine line on when to give you steriod shots for the babies' lungs or when to put you into the hospital on mag. sulf. She said that your body can get used to the med's and then if/when you really need them...later on in the pregnancy, they are not effective any longer. Therefore, since my cervix is fine at this point, she sees no need to do anything different.

She did, however, run another fetal fibronectin test on me today. #1 for my peace of mind, and #2 to back up her beliefs about me. She said that if it were to be positive, she would then administer the steriod shots and put me on strict bedrest at home at that time....again, my cervix is still unchanged so she does not feel the need to put me in the hospital.

She assured me that she would speak with Dr.A and concur with her on all of the issues/findings. She wants to see me back on Wednesday (9/15) which I'm excited about because that is only 4 full days I will go without being checked again.

Unless I have a dramatic change in something/anything...ie. contractions, symptoms, etc OR my cervix changes at all, then I am good on bedrest at home with limited activities.

The funny and good thing for today was that I gained 7 pounds since last Friday!!!! WHAT?!?!?! They just laughed at me....I did not think it was very funny until Dr. T explained that I would have not noticed it b/c the babies are getting fat on their bodies now and plumping up....I laughed too as long as I believed all of the 7 pounds were going to them! :) I'd love nothing more than to give birth to 2 Michelin men or women...LOL :)

So, looks like I will be here for awhile which is fine with me as long as nothing else changes and I'm still pregnant and they are doing well inside of me :)

Dr. T just assured me to not take everything Dr. A says to heart b/c that is her personality and expertise and she explained that Dr. A does not get to see the whole picture nor examine my cervix first hand.

Oh and by the way, Dr. A told me on Wednesday that my placenta previa is gone!!! I did not mention it b/c I did not want to confuse anyone :( Dr. A said that this was actually bad because the previa was actually protecting the cervix and now there is a window of opportunity for a baby to slip down and my water break. According to Dr. T, that cannot happen if my cervix is completely shut and I'm not dialated at all. She said it just is not in the normal progression of labor.

So, I have to trust her. That is why I picked her....for her expertise in twins. I just keep praying that God works through her for our babies best interest :)

Until next Wednesday.....everyone have a safe and great Weekend!!! :)

No comments: